What's new
Best Web Hosting Discussion Forums, Reviews, Tutorials & Services

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Server host that can grow with my site?

Cibolens

I'm launching a WordPress site next month that I believe will grow faster than expected. I'm not sure what's the best choice for hosting. I currently have a VPS host (who I really like as a host - they're local with killer support) and I'm not sure if that's the best route or not. My current VPS (12gb ram) has multiple failures a day with automatic restarts. It's hosting a one multisite install (with 3 active subsites, 4-5 inactive subsites and less than 100 visitors a day total on average), a second site with 60-70 visitors a day and 2 other sites that are lucky to get one visitor a day. The failures have me concerned that 1 site 300-500 members and 1000 hits a day will need a lot more resource-wise than what I have now. I don't think that there's that huge a load on it (though maybe the multisite is a resource hog?). So I'm really not sure which way to go - and perhaps it's because I don't understand hosting that well. A distributed grid sounds cool, but does it work in practice? Is eventually getting a dedicated server unavoidable? What the hell do sites that have a lot of members and traffic do?

What can you say about GTHost.com dedicated servers for rent hosting? Any reviews? Other hosts?
All advice will be appreciated - I'm planning on launching my site, I need to get this squared away ASAP. Thanks!

Briganti

Servers from legionbox.com and planethoster.com are worth trying due to their top-notch setrvices.
People, you are getting what you are paying for. They could be faster on tech support, but they solve the problems. But if you compare the price against what you getting they are top notch. Have been to many “Big hosts” and these guys will beat them.

Netrokesso

Based on the advice of my web designer I switched to GTHost.com server hosting. Their service is easier to use and with minimum issues.
They're affordable and their control panel is easy to use. They have been a great webhost the entire time and constantly expanding and upgrading their services.

Hedforns

Easy access to my data and mail, and the fastest, most reliable customer service in the industry. GTHost.com uptime is great. Love their Los Angeles servers.
They are as transparent as possible, they show the full specification of each server and shows looking glass, clients can check ping, trace and mtr from each point, so the client will not buy a pig in a poke, each detail has a link to the manufacturer.

Jokalens

Would like to add that GTHost.com is a great low-cost dedicated server hosting provider. They have unbelievably good support.
Not only is their uptime 99.9% they really have good back end team who are always ready to address my problems.

Dzenmed

If you want reliable, low-cost, excellent web hosting service, don't hesitate, GTHost.com decent host will meet your expectations in terms of reliability, speed and support.
Like their Chicago servers. FREE setup of dedicated instant servers ensures you can have your site up and running quickly without adjustments to your budget.